Thursday, February 21, 2008

Mango Lassi

A mango lassi is a refreshing and healthy version of "milkshake". The original recipe calls for sugar, canned mango which probably has more sugar, yogurt AND milk!! Your body does not benefit from this at all except for excess calories, sugar, and a rise in abnormal craving for more sugar. My version is lighter, healthier, and somewhat cheaper. Although later in the future I will be sure to add a few cardamom seeds as the original recipe calls for.


1 cup yogurt
1 large mango
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup agave
10 sprigs of mint or more or less, to your taste.







































VERDICT!

My baby loved it! He took a few good gulps of the lassi and was full. I wondered if the lassi could do without the water, but I liked it too. I will be sure to add an extra mango, extra mint, and a few cardamom seeds.