Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Chocolate-Orange sandwiches


I recently made chocolate-orange sandwiches. They came out pretty nice. Though the chocolate sauce was too thick than I would have liked, and a little too bitter. What had happened was, as I made my chocolate sauce, I thought it looked too watery so I added more cocoa. That basically messed it up cuz the cocoa will thicken up if you are patient and give it a minute.

I also did not think about the presentation as usual cuz I am a hasty, hasty girl. As I blog more though,. I hope that will change and I will be more patient with my cooking.

One thing I have learned thus far- a clean kitchen means easy cooking.

What I need to learn- pateince makes GOOD FOOD. Well, not really, but experience does!

for the chocolate sauce-
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tbs agave or more to sweeten

Make sauce. Give it a minute to thicken, like I should have!

Slice 1 large orange in medium slices. Not thin or thick slices, but medium.

Spoon sauce on wax paper, then orange slices on top. Refrigerate for an hour. You can use any kind of fruit you have on hand! The coconut oil is really healthy and is what makes the cocoa hard.





THIS IS BEFORE IT WAS REFRIGERATED.


THE FINISHING PRODUCT!!

1 comment:

Lee said...

Welcome back to the blog-o-sphere! :)